Some Useful Explanations
- What is classification?
- What is a cluster?
- What methods of classification can be found in LGAS?
- How is census geography organised?
- What data were used in the classifications?
- What are the issues involved in postcode geography?
- What classification should you use?
- What is special about GB Profiles?
- What is the purpose of the GB Profile classifications?
- What are good and bad things about census data?
- Which classification should you use?
- What kinds of outputs are produced by LGAS?
- How can you measure the performance of the classification?
- What does the segmentation analysis do?
- I don't have just EDs or postcodes. I also have numerator and/or
denominator data to analyse. What difference does this make to the way I interpret the segmentation analysis?
- What are Z scores?
- Why test for cluster significance?
- What is a Gains table or plot?
- Why on earth would anyone want to run LGAS on a RANDOM classification?
Return to: Help Topics LGAS homepage